Friday, June 20, 2014

my guy…

One of my assignments for the Chickaniddy Blog this month was to create a layout  with the topic “Men in My Life.” Well, there's only one MAN in my life - my awesome husband.  (Yes, there are little men, our sons, but this one is all about my main squeeze!)  It's hard to get him in front of the camera, but I was happy to find these three photos from Spring Break last year. 

wendysue_chickaniddy_silver_foil_layout1

He truly is my best friend - he has been for over 20 years now.  I'm so blessed to have his love and respect! And I'm super lucky that he supports my passion for scrapbooking, paper-crafting, and photography!  I'm the luckiest girl I know! ;)

wendysue_chickaniddy_silver_foil_detail5

Okay, less mushiness and more about this awesome paper!  I love using the foil papers to die-cut shapes with my Silhouette.  I wanted to cut a big heart to use on the background of my layout - but after I cut it out, I decided that I liked the negative space best - so I opted to use the silver foil paper for my background and let the patterned paper peek through the heart shape.

wendysue_chickaniddy_silver_foil_detail3wendysue_chickaniddy_silver_foil_detail2

Of course I had to add machine stitching around the edges - the foil paper is lightweight, so it's easy to stitch right through it!

wendysue_chickaniddy_silver_foil_detail1

I also added lots of stickers - many of them have a bit of added dimension with foam dots behind them.

Be sure to visit the Chickaniddy Crafts Blog for loads of fun ideas – and some really great ways to use their new foil papers!

supplies1

[click on the product image for more information]

Chickaniddy Crafts - 12 x 12 Foil Paper - Silver SurferChickaniddy Crafts - Date Night Collection - 12 x 12 Collection PackChickaniddy Crafts - Date Night Collection - Enamel HeartsChickaniddy Crafts - Date Night Collection - Bradssilhuette_cameo_bundle

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful layout Wendy Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are super lucky!! And super awesome!! I am grateful for the things you share and how real you are!! Thanks for being a bright light in the blog world!!

    ReplyDelete