Thursday, April 17, 2014

you are awesome | a camera card…

I created this card for the Top Dog Dies blog earlier this week and wanted to be sure to share it with my blog readers as well.  I love, love, love, the “you are awesome” paper by Pebbles, Inc. and I knew it would be super cute paired with the camera album die from Top Dog Dies.

wendysue_tdd_camera_card

I love making shaped cards – I remember, back in the “olden” days of my paper crafting career, drawing my own shapes then creating a template and tracing it onto a folded card – crossing my fingers, all the while, hoping that I didn’t mess up…because I didn’t want to have to start over! Well, those days are gone. Now making shaped cards is easier than ever, with lots of options for doing so. One of my favorites techniques is using a large manual die, such as this Camera Die.

wendysue_tdd_camera_card_back

Simply fold a piece of cardstock in half and cut it as you normally would, except you need to place about 1/8”-1/4” from the top of the die. This will allow the front and back to stay connected and actually form the card base.

wendysue_tdd_camera_card_detail

wendysue_tdd_camera_card_inside3

Bonus for using cute stickers to embellish the front of your card AND the inside too!

wendysue_tdd_camera_card_inside2

Seriously, friends, that “you are awesome” paper is one of my all-time favorites, and I am so sad that I’ve used up almost every scrap.  It’s an older line from Pebbles Inc., so I was thinking I was out of luck – but I just found it over at scrapbook.com (HERE) and it’s even on sale.  Check out the super cute “you are awesomesticky notes too…so so fun!   – looks like there will be lots of AWESOME on my doorstep very soon! yay!

Thanks for stopping by – have a happy day! :)

supplies2

American Crafts - Pebbles - Love You More Collection - Sticky Notes - Boy

American Crafts - Pebbles - Love You More Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Zach

1 comment: