Sunday, April 29, 2012

weekend snippets…

{I haven’t been good about recording any of our everyday/family stuff…so I’m going to try to be better.  You may be seeing some photos/posts about previous events as I attempt to record more family stuff from the first few months of this year.  If you’re only visiting for scrapbook related projects, feel free to skip over these posts – but know that THIS is why I scrapbook.  THIS is why I blog.  THIS is what is important to me.   My family.  Our time together.  Our memories.}

We had a pretty low-key weekend at our house, but still managed to get a few photos to record. 

We were up bright and early Saturday morning because Meagan ran the “Tutu 5K” with her friend:

tutu1zweb_filtered

And they were just as cute and smiley when they were done!

tutu2web_filtered

Seth and Zach got out the legos and spent the bulk of the evening making “sports” related creations because they wanted to enter a contest they read about in their Lego Jr. magazine.

zachlego2web_filtered

I didn’t get a photo of Josh on Saturday because he spent much of the day in his room reading this:

51IufOs4JTL__BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_

Having 1:00 church definitely has it’s advantages.  Sleeping in.  No super early “before the block” meetings.  Plenty of time for breakfast…and even lunch.  And all four kids having time to create a collaborative piece of art:

sunday_art

And even time for Meagan to take silly pictures of Seth with my camera:

seth2web_filtered

I love finding random pictures from the kids when I download pictures – sometimes they are my FAVES.  This is probably one of those times – how funny is that face?

We also went to Grandpa & Grandma’s to celebrate Blake’s 5th birthday…but I forgot my camera.  The cake was delicious and the company was even better.  When we got home, Zach and I snuggled up on the couch and watched a movieGrandma recommended:

51CZ4BA0BZL__SL500_AA300_.

I don’t take the time very often to just SIT and watch a movie at home…but it was awesome to just snuggle with my baby and watch this sweet movie.  I had not read the book and wasn’t familiar with the story until my mom told us about the play she went to yesterday in Orem.  It was a sweet little movie – but not as sweet as my little viewing companion – and a great way to wrap up a good weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you never read Secret Garden growing up!!! One of the best stories!

    ReplyDelete