Monday, May 21, 2007
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
2. My sweet cousin, Jenn, read on my blog that I had finished reading a book and that I was on the waiting list at the local library for the 2nd book…and she sent it up to me so I could read it without waiting! Wasn’t that the sweetest thing???
So, I read it over the weekend. Was it good? Um, YES. Seriously, this is not the type of book I would normally read, but I am SO glad I picked up the first one and read it anyway. The second one was just as good as the first one….and now I’m wondering how I’m going to wait until late Summer for the third one!! Thanks again, Jenn!
3. My little sister won a drawing on Saturday. Guess what she won. A CAR!!! How cool is that?!? I wasn't there, but I borrowed this photo (along with the caption on the bottom) from the local newspaper's website. How cute is she?!?
4. The reason I was up all night Monday night was purely scrapbook related. I created an entire mini album and a fun (huge) card set for O’Scrap. Here’s a little sneak peek.
5. The weather is GORGEOUS again….it’s supposed to be in the 80’s for the rest of the week!
6. Last week I received several big boxes full of fun Making Memories product – all the new stuff. Now that I’m caught up (almost) with all of my work assignments, I’m excited to get it all out, organized, put away, and start playing!!
7. Zach has recently starting waving whenever we say bye-bye…I think he may be a little bit delayed with this new talent, but it’s still SO SO SO cute! I especially love when he does it in the mornings when the kids are leaving for school.
8. Speaking of school – I can’t believe there are only 11 ½ more school days until Summer break!!
9. Tonight I had the privilege of teaching a mini scrapbooking class for the Young Women in our ward. It was fun. A few weeks ago, they had a lesson about dressing modestly and they all went over to the Outlets in Park City to do some shopping and have a little fashion show – so we used those photos and created a page for them to keep. They seemed to have a good time. It was fun watching them come up with their own unique ideas and twists to the layout I created – lots of fun and cute girls!
10. We bought a treadmill a few months ago and I’ve been pretty good about using it (unlike our old LOUD treadmill that we left at our old house when we sold it – I know, what a bargain – buy a house and get a treadmill for free, lol). Anyway, tonight I pulled out the ifit card I bought to go in the treadmill to see what it was like. It was so great – I am so excited to use the different workouts on the card – it makes walking on the treadmill much less boring – my personal trainer “Rhonda” really knows how to add a little variety to the old workout!
Friday, May 04, 2007
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
1. Being behind with my work really stinks -- part of it's my own fault, part of it is not...but playing the blame game doesn't work - I'm behind, period. And that means I probably get to stay up all night tonight!
2. The last few days have been beautiful. 80 degree temps, lots of sunshine -- we even got the sprinkler system up and running. Unfortunately, it's all coming to an end after today -- rain mixed with snow is in the forecast for tomorrow...so I'm contemplating cutting some of the tulips and bringing them in (I hate to cut them, but I'd hate it even worse if they died in the cold).
3. Josh crashed on his bike last night -- right up over the top of the handlebars. He hurt his foot, but it's not too bad (at least I don't think it is). Lucky kid.
4. All 3 boys got hair cuts last night -- handsome little things!!! :O)
5. Brad started his new job (well, a new position in the same company) last week. There are lots of good things about the change -- I'll share my FAVORITE part of his new job soon.
6. Mean, rude, arrogant people really need to just go away. far away. seriously.
7. I pulled the kids out of school last Friday and we went shopping -- I love when we can all go shopping and have fun together -- minimal arguing, whining, fighting, etc. It was fun!
8. Mother-in-law is coming to stay with us for a few days. Not sure how I feel about this one yet...but the kids are excited, so that's good!!
9. This probably should have been at the top of today's list -- but really, this list is in NO particular order...I have a new nephew!!! Blake Wesley was born last Thursday evening. He's the cutest little (well, not so little - almost 9 pounds) newborn I've seen in a long time. (at least 15 months, lol.) Congrats again R & K!!! :o)
10. I went to a baby shower last Saturday. The hostess (cupcake neighbor) pulled out all the stops -- the decorations were SO cute, the favors (brownies in a baby bottle) were darling, the food was absolutely divine (in fact, we're having the spinach/stawberry salad with our dinner tonight...I can't wait to eat it again), the whole atmosphere was incredible. So fun. Nope, I didn't take my camera. Dang it.
And now, I probably should do some work...since it's going to take a 36 hour day to finish everything that's due in less than 24 hours. Ahhh, I'm so serious about buying some extra hours.